BUS to CAI:
The following is bus information from New York to Congregation Agudath Israel:
- ~ The bus line you will need is DeCamp
- ~ Once at Port Authority, go to the DeCamp bus windows in back windows numbers: 24-28
- ~Ask for a ticket for De Camp Bus #33 to West Caldwell (some of the buses don't go all the way, so must use the name)
- ~ $7.90 one way. Be sure to ask for a ROUND TRIP ticket.
- ~ Confirm what gate the bus leaves from. It will probably be GATE 412 - 4th floor
Buses leave at:
NYC arrives in Caldwell
2:00 PM 2:55 PM
G 3:15 PM 4:10 PM
G 3:55 PM 4:50 PM
G 4:15 PM 5:10 PM
Estimated times at these stops.
Bus will discharge passengers on request at any stop. When you board the bus please ask the driver for Central Ave in Caldwell.
Be at bus 10-15 before it needs to leave- they leave on time (most of the time, and at those hours buses are full with commuters)
For additional information please visit the DeCamp website at: http://decamp.com/
CAR TO CAI:
George Washington Bridge
· I-95 to I-80 to Exit 52 (Fairfield - Lincoln Park - The Caldwells.
· At Exit 52, loop around to the right and then turn right on Two Bridges Road. (In a short distance Two Bridges Road becomes Passaic Avenue.)
· Travel 11 traffic lights (about 3.4 miles) to Bloomfield Avenue. (The intersection of Passaic Avenue and Bloomfield Avenue has 2 Shell gas stations on opposing corners and 2 banks on the other opposing corners.)
· Turn left on Bloomfield Avenue. (There is a left turn lane on Passaic Avenue.)
· Travel 3 traffic lights. Immediately after the 3rd traffic light there is gas station on the right. Make a sharp right turn around the gas station on Academy Road. Then, make an immediate left turn on Elizabeth Street.
· Congregation Agudath Israel is on the right. The entrance to the parking lot is just past the building.
· Exit the Lincoln Tunnel on 495.
·After about 2 miles, stay to the right and then exit on Route 3 West.
·After about 12 miles Route 3 West ends and merges into Route 46 West.
· In several miles on Route 46 there is a major "Y". Stay to the left to take the left branch of the "Y" to remain on Route 46 West.
· In about 2 miles there is an exit on the right marked "The Caldwells" - "Passaic Avenue".
·At the end of the ramp turn left on Passaic Avenue and follow the directions above (except from this point there will be 9 traffic lights).
· Take US 1 - 9 on the left.
·Travel will be along a covered roadway (not a tunnel but, a covered roadway).
· Upon exiting from the covered roadway there are 2 exits in quick succession only yards apart. Take the 2nd exit marked "To I-280".
· Travel several miles observing "To I-280" signs.
·There is a large US Post Office facility on the left. In about a half mile exit to I-280.
(The signage could be a lot better here.)
·Take I-280 to Exit 5-B - The Caldwells.
·At the end of the road turn right on Eagle Rock Avenue
·In 1 block at the traffic light turn left on Roseland Avenue. (Note: Roseland Avenue may be the most patrolled road in the Western Hemisphere. It is posted at 35 mph and then
30 mph. Drive accordingly.)
· At the end of Roseland Avenue turn left on Bloomfield Avenue.
· Drive through 2 traffic lights. After 2 additional blocks there is a gas station on the left. Turn left immediately before the gas station. (There is a left turn lane.) Immediately turn right on Academy Road. Then turn left on Elizabeth Street. Congregation Agudath Israel will be on the right. The entrance to the parking lot is on Elizabeth Street just past the synagogue building.
Northern New Jersey
· Drive south on New Jersey Turnpike or Garden State Parkway to I-80 and then follow instructions from George Washington Bridge above.
Southern New Jersey
· Drive north on New Jersey Turnpike or Garden State Parkway to I-280 and then follow instructions from Holland Tunnel above.
If the parking lot is full, park in designated spaces on Bloomfield Avenue or the surrounding residential streets. Please obey "No Parking" signs. Please be careful not to block the driveways of our neighbors. There is parking at Grover Cleveland Middle School at the western end of Academy Road.
Please DO NOT PARK in the commercial lots across from our synagogue. Thank you!